William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton (born August 19, 1946 in Hope, Arkansas as William Jefferson Blythe III.) Is an American politician of the Democratic Party from 1993 to 2001 and was the 42nd President of the United States.
He was the successor and predecessor, George HW Bush George W. Bush. Three months before Clinton‘s birth, his father was killed in a car accident, his mother remarried, and Clinton took during high school the last name of his stepfather. He is Baptist and married since 1975 with Hillary Clinton, with whom he has a daughter, Chelsea.
* My Life. 2004 ISBN 3430118573, published by Econ-Verlag, Berlin, 1.472 Pages
* Giving: how each of us Can Change the World 2007 (engl. Originaltitel)
Bill Clinton after the Charlemagne Prize of Aachen in 2000
* 2007 TED Prize
* In 2005, Bambi in the category of charity for its global campaign against AIDS and poverty.
* 2005 Grammy in the category of Best Spoken Word Album for the audio version of My Life
* 2004 Grammy along with Mikhail Gorbachev for the radio play “Peter and the Wolf
* 2000 Charlemagne Prize of Aachen
* 1999 German Media Prize
* 1998 Grand Cross with Necklace of the Czech Order of the White Lion