Jeff Bridges (born December 4, 1949 Jeffrey Leon Bridges in Los Angeles) is an American actor.
Already four months, Bridges made his first appearance before a camera. As a child he was seen several times together with his brother Beau on the side of the famous father Lloyd Bridges in the TV series.
Before he decided on acting, trying to Bridges for a time in the Coast Guard. Then he started an apprenticeship in the studios of Uta Hagen and Herbert Bergdorf in New York. During this time he was first engagements.
His breakthrough came already with the first major role. In The Last Picture Show (1971) Bridges has played under the direction of Peter Bogdanovich, and was just nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. Three years later he managed it again with the bands The Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974), directed by Michael Cimino. 1982 Bridges took the lead role in Tron, one of the first computer generated feature films with longer sequences.
The first nomination for Best Actor in a leading role, he received for Starman (1984) by John Carpenter. Most recently, he was in 2001 for defamation – named Beyond morality. In 2008 he played the role of Obadiah Stane / Iron Monger in the movie Iron Man
Aside from acting, Bridges has made a name as a painter and photographer, his work has been exhibited in prestigious galleries and over again. Musically talented Jeff Bridges shows what he was already in The Fabulous Baker Boys in 1989 alongside his brother Beau and Michelle Pfeiffer. He writes the lyrics and composed songs and worked with Quincy Jones.
Achieved cult status through his role as Jeff Bridges Jeff Lebowski in the movie The Big Lebowski. Directed by Joel Coen.
At the Comic-Con International in March 2009, the successor Tron Tron Legacy announced, will take over the bridges again, the role of Kevin Flynn. In the same year brought him his representation of a washed up country musician in Scott Cooper’s drama Crazy Heart high praise from the critics. 2010, he received for the part of Bad Blake after three unsuccessful nominations Golden Globe Awards and the Screen Actors Guild Award.
Jeff Bridges has been married since 1977 with his wife Susan. They have three daughters and live in California.
* 1969: On a night like this
* 1971: The Last Picture Show
* 1972: Fat City
* 1972: Bad Company (Bad Company)
* 1973: The Last American Hero (The Last American Hero)
* 1973: The Iceman Cometh
* 1974: The Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (Thunderbolt and Lightfoot)
* 1976: Mr. Universe
* 1976: King Kong
* 1978: Rendezvous with a corpse (Somebody Killed Her Husband)
* 1979: Philadelphia Clan
* 1980: The American Success Company
* 1980: Heaven’s Gate
* 1981: Cutter’s Way – Keine Gnade (Cutter’s Way)
* 1982: Tron
* 1982: The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn) (voice)
* 1982: Love Greetings from the beyond
* 1984: Against All Odds (Against All Odds)
* 1984: Starman
* 1985: The Knife
To die * 1986: 8 million ways (8 Million Ways to Die)
* 1986: The Morning After (The Morning After)
* 1987: Nadine – A bulletproof love (Nadine)
* 1988: Tucker (aka Tucker – The Man and His Dream Car)
* 1989: Second luck (See You in the Morning)
* 1989: The Fabulous Baker Boys (The Fabulous Baker Boys)
* 1990: Texasville
* 1991: The Fisher King (The Fisher King)
* 1992: American Heart – The Second Chance (American Heart)
* 1993: The Vanishing (The Vanishing)
* 1993: Fearless – Jenseits der Angst (Fearless)
* 1994: – Blown Away (Blown Away)
* 1995: Wild Bill
* 1996: White Squall – Torrential flow (White Squall)
* 1996: The Mirror Has Two Faces (The Mirror Has Two Faces)
* 1996: Between the Worlds (Hidden in America)
* 1998: The Big Lebowski
* 1999: Arlington Road
* 1999: The Muse (The Muse)
* 1999: Simpatico
* 2000: Contender – Beyond the Moral (The Contender)
* 2001: Scenes of the Crime
* 2001: K-PAX
* 2003: Masked and Anonymous
* 2003: Seabiscuit – The will to succeed (Seabiscuit)
* 2004: The Door in the Floor – The door to temptation (The Door in the Floor)
* 2005: Tideland
* 2005: Dirty Movie (The Moguls, The Amateurs)
* 2006: Stick It (Stick It)
* 2007: Surf’s Up (Surf’s Up) (voice)
* 2008: Iron Man
* 2008: New York City for Beginners (How to Lose Friends and Alienate People)
* 2009: men who stare at goats (The Men Who Stare at Goats)
* 2009: Crazy Heart