Michael Kors Biography & Photos

Michael Kors (born August 9, 1959 in New York, born Karl Anderson) is an American fashion designer.

Life

Michael Kors already founded in 1981, before his design studies at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, his own label Michael Kors LLC. Parallel to his studies, he worked in a New York boutiques as sales and also sold his first collection there already. 1999 bought a French LVMH group, with 33% by Michael Kors. After his first draft, mainly sportswear, perfumes were also (from 2000), plus accessories (2001) and in the Autumn / Winter 2002/2003, his first full menswear collection. Today, his collections include the name of Michael Kors (main collection and catwalk line for ladies and gentlemen), Kors by Michael Kors (Women’s Bridge collection with shoes, coats and accessories since 1996, relaunched in 2004) and MICHAEL Michael Kors (sportswear second line since 2004 2006 men’s line set), the full range of womenswear and menswear, fragrances and accessories. Sportswear Holdings bought in 2003, which inter alia In 1989, the Tommy Hilfiger label had purchased 85% of the company Michael KorsKors even while holding the remaining 15%. From 1997-2003 Kors was also chief designer of French fashion label Celine belong to LVMH. Kors has several of her own boutiques in the U.S., including New York, Las Vegas and Beverly Hills. The Michael Kors boutique in Munich due to open in early 2010. The official website and the online store operated by the American Department Store (department store) Neiman Marcus. It is also the outfitter Kors several Hollywood films (such as Thomas Crown) does not hold, and many celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Kors twice won the Award of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and is a jury member in the TV format Project Runway.

Photo Gallery

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *