Antonia \”Toni\” Collette (born November 1, 1972 in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian actress and singer.
Toni Collette is a graduate of the National Institute of Dramatic Art She achieved her breakthrough as Muriel in Australian comedy Muriel\’s Wedding (Muriel\’s Wedding) from the year 1994. It was excellent for that role with the Australian Film Awards in 1996 nominated for a Golden Globe. The success of the film in the U.S. also made it to Hollywood attention and she took first roles. Also on Broadway she began to perform plays, for which she received several Tony Award nominations. One of her most famous roles was the mother of actor Cole (Haley Joel Osment) in the thriller The Sixth Sense, for which she was nominated in 2000 for best supporting actress for an Oscar. This success was the 2006 TV movie Collette Tsunami – The Aftermath tie and the Oscar-winning comedy Little Miss Sunshine, for which she received a year later, two Golden Globe nominations. In 2007, she was in the jury of the 60th Cannes Film Festival Board.
On 7 July 2007, she appeared with her band, Toni Collette & the Finish at the Live Earth concert in Sydney and sang the song Children of the Revolution.
In 2009, it is seen as the main protagonist of the series developed by Diablo Cody of the United States of Tara Showtime on American television. The role introduced a suffering from dissociative identity disorder wife her 2009 Emmy and two Golden Globe nominations.
Since 11 January 2003, she is married to Dave Galafassi in 2008 and mother of a daughter.
She is actively involved in the animal rights organization PETA.
In October 2010 it was announced that Collette currently expected in spring 2011, her second child with Dave Galafassi.
* 1992: Spotswood
* 1994: Muriel\’s Wedding (Muriel\’s Wedding)
* 1996: Jane Austen\’s Emma
* 1996: The Pallbearer (The Pallbearer)
* 1996: Cosi
* 1997: Clock Watchers
* 1997: Diana & Me (Diana & Me)
* 1998: Velvet Goldmine
* 1999: 8 1 / 2 Women
* 1999: The Sixth Sense
* 2000: Shaft – Noch Fragen? (Shaft)
* 2000: Hotel Splendide
* 2000: The Magic Pudding (The Magic Pudding) – voice
* 2002: About a Boy: The Day of the Dead Duck
* 2002: Dirty Deeds
* 2002: The Hours – From eternity to eternity
* 2002: Lane Change (Changing Lanes)
* 2003: Japanese Story
* 2004: The Last Shot – It\’s a wrap
* 2004: Connie and Carla (Connie and Carla)
* 2005: In Her Shoes (In Her Shoes)
* 2006: Little Miss Sunshine
* 2006: Tsunami – The Aftermath (Tsunami: The Aftermath)
* 2006: Dead Girl (The Dead Girl)
* 2006: The Night Listener – The Night Listener (The Night Listener)
* 2006: Like Minds – Like Minds (Like Minds)
* 2007: Evening (Evening)
* 2007: Towelhead
* 2008: Hey, Hey, It\’s Esther Blue Berger
* 2008: The Black Balloon
* 2009: United States of Tara (TV Series)